Happy National Talk In An Elevator Day! Today I’m going to be combining a social media tip with this special day of the year. Before I do that, I would like to tell you a little bit about National Talk In An Elevator Day. It is meant to encourage people to ignore their phones and use the elevator as an opportunity to meet new people.
The artist tip I’ll be talking about today is a website called Canva. This site is an awesome place to design images for any social media, blog, or presentation. There are tons of preset images that you can customize to your individual needs, or you can use their images and fonts to create something completely unique.
First of all, here are a couple preset presentation images I customized to advertise for National Talk In An Elevator Day:
The above statistics are based on a small group of people I literally interviewed. 🙂
Canva also has some more modern-looking social media posts for Twitter, Instagram, etc. Here is an example:
And lastly, here are a few ideas for things to talk to people about in the elevator:
- ask if they’ve heard about National Talk In An Elevator Day.
- ask if they know about a certain movie you’ve seen recently, or want to see.
- ask if they’ve tried the latest Starbucks drink.
- compliment an article of clothing or accessory they have on.
Things not to talk about in the elevator:
- personal experiences of being stuck in an elevator
Have a great day, everyone!